Never mind Memorial Day, for me, the summer season officially kicks off when I get wind of my first beach-read recommendation list. Yesterday I received my sunny signal from NPR’s “All Things Considered.” You can read more about the commentator’s summer picks here.
In proper sound-bite fashion, the commentator restricted her list to books about the beach. I was never a huge beach person myself — got that fair and freckly skin to worry about. So, here’s my non-beachy beach-read list. Just a start, mind you. Novels I happen to have on hand.
1. Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult
2. The Mercy Seller by Brenda Rickman Vantrease
3. The Ice Queen by Alice Hoffman
4. The Gathering by Anne Enright
5. Careless in Red by Elizabeth George
6. Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
I’m always looking for recommendations. What’s on your beach-read list?